Questions to determine if you are an obligated steward:
- Is your company resident in Saskatchewan?
- Is your company a Brand Owner, First Importer, or Franchisor?
- Does your company have gross Saskatchewan revenue greater than $2 million in a given year?
Multi-Material Stewardship Western (MMSW) is the approved stewardship agency in Saskatchewan. MMSW was established in 2016 and is 75% funded by producers and operated by municipalities.
- Legislation: Household Packaging and Paper Stewardship Program Regulations
- Oversight authority: Saskatchewan Ministry of Environment
- Approved Stewardship Organisation: Multi-Material Stewardship Western (MMSW)
Small Business Exemptions
- Businesses that are exempt from registration and reporting include: less than 1 tonne of PPP, less than $2 million gross annual revenue, businesses that operate a single retail store
- Businesses that supply between 1 tonnes and 2.5 tonnes of PPP are exempt from reporting but pay annual flat fee of $220
- Businesses that supply between 2.5 tonnes and 5 tonnes of PPP are exempt from reporting but pay annual flat fee of $460