Europe & North America EPR Compliance
The Client - Primark
Affordable fast-fashion retailer operating throughout Europe and North America.
With multiple Stewardship obligations across UK, EU and USA and an ever-changing product offering, including a range of EPR waste types such as Packaging, Electronic, Batteries and Textiles, Primark management faced a major challenge to ensure that its legal obligations were correctly maintained across all obligated programs.
Greenstreets' holistic approach to Producer Responsibility reporting helped reduce workload and identified efficiencies globally. A common data reporting methodology was implemented across all regions, underpinned by specialist software. The following services are provided:
- Preparation of periodic data returns to multiple compliance schemes and agencies
- On-going gathering of product and packaging specifications from suppliers
- Product sampling and weighing to verify and validate supplier data
- Registration and communication with the regulators and compliance schemes
- Managing other Producer Responsibility obligations including in-store customer information and organizing end-of-life product take-back
- Provision of timely advice on changes in regulations
The Added Value
- Single secure channel – peace of mind, enabling Primark to report easily to multiple agencies in a range of different countries
- Reduced workload - data efficiently gathered and validated and reports prepared, enabling client to focus on its core business
- Compliance assurance - reports submitted correctly and on-time, regardless of changes to regulations or to its varied product lines
- Reduced overall cost – improved data provided better control over fee obligations; reduced workload providing further cost savings